Make Your Account
Signup for associated jobs and career advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll unsubscribe at any time.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective is always to offer a person with a road to better economic wellness.
LendUp is a monetary technology startup situated in Oakland centered on changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be found in 7 states and we’ve seen great press coverage within the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and the like.
Just just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is for a mission to supply you aren’t a path to raised monetary wellness. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually restricted and unfair, plus it’s simple to be trapped in a financial obligation period. This is actually the problem that is first attempted to re solve, by making use of our mixed expertise in pc computer software, information technology, credit, and training, to your provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core product, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And every we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional financial loans which will help us further speed up our objective of providing anyone with a course to raised health that is financial.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will undoubtedly be in charge of doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get a get a get a cross practical groups to offer legal and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers who’re taking care of brand new and existing products from item development through launch, including compliance advising in terms of such services and products
- Provide timely, succinct and business-focused advice that is legal federal and state customer banking and financing laws and regulations, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Advise the LendUp item group on product advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Provide advice that is regulatory LendUp’s commercial and federal federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer advice that is regulatory support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle counsel that is outside since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing licensing needs, including acquiring and licenses that are maintaining
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work issues, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as required to offer the business
- A high-caliber that is proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems linked to the economic solutions industry, with particular expertise on customer banking that is digital participants in several payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the legislation, rules and regulations associated with banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state guidelines associated with lending
- Capacity to balance working individually with little to no guidance and working closely and collaboratively within a tiny team that is legal
- Power to interface efficiently along with degrees of the corporation (executive management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) also to gain the trust and confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable up to a fast-changing environment
- A business that is solid with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced best online payday loans in Maryland FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in a comparable environment) for at the least 36 months, with significant consider customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the re re payments area, straight with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex monetary solutions agreements
- Successful solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Capability to handle assignments that are multiple, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary oral and written communication abilities and power to work both in groups and separately
- Admitted to the CA a situation club or subscribed in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from the mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; generous vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s everything we really like about LendUp lifestyle:
- We’re focused on a diverse and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and work environment that is impactful
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact same mission. ” We are passionate about diverse prospects and also have slack networks devoted to anything from mu
LendUp can be A equal possibility manager
We increase equal job opportunities to qualified applicants and workers for an equal foundation irrespective of ones own age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, maternity status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or other explanation protected for legal reasons.